In addition to my professional commitments, which can be extremely time-consuming at times, my sporting activities have accompanied me for many years: what began with jogging developed into marathons and finally into ultra-marathons. In the meantime, I can look back on more than 70 completed competitions.
The lessons learned are:
- it's all about setting the right goals
- the training plan is of great importance
- without good preparation, you won't succeed at all or not as desired
- it takes perspiration and sometimes also overcoming
- Be alert and listen to yourself
- even if you are running with 30,000 other runners: it is your marathon, you run it alone, win it or lose it alone
- ... and many more
It seems to me that whether at work or on the track, many of the criteria for success are very similar.